Riding a motorcycle is a thrill for many, causing some to throw caution out the window as they speed down the highways. However, not all riders embrace such habits. Therefore, not every motorcycle accident in Belvedere, Georgia, is due to the rider’s reckless or negligent acts. Other road users can also be at fault.
Get in touch with SHE Law if you are a victim of a motorbike accident attributed to another party’s negligence, recklessness, or indifferent actions. SHE Law is a reputable firm that strives for justice for all. As Belvedere Park motorcycle accident lawyers, we are committed to understanding the nature of your accident to ensure you do not deal with a complicated claim process.
Our main goal is to provide unrivaled legal counsel and representation, ensuring your rights are protected. We know how gruesome motorcycle accidents can be and their impact on the victims and their families. Hence, we are committed to fighting for the compensation that you will need as you heal and move toward normalcy.
Call our Belvedere Park auto accident lawyers today at 470-378-1162 and schedule a free case review to learn more about how we can help with your motorcycle accident claim.
How Will a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help Me?
When you are in a motorcycle accident, you will want an experienced attorney in your corner. At SHE Law, we will help you at every stage of the legal process.
Case Preparation/Filing a Lawsuit
It can be overwhelming to shuffle between hospital visits, court premises, and insurance company offices. Hiring a lawyer allows you to focus on your recovery. Your lawyer will ensure your legal claim is filed correctly and on time.
Most personal injury claims are solved via settlement negotiations. Your lawyer will represent you in the negotiation process and will make sure the insurance company doesn’t trick you into an unfair settlement deal.
Trial Preparation and Representation
If settlement negotiations with the insurance company fail, you can choose to file a civil lawsuit. Your motorcycle accident lawyer will be ready to fight for you in court.
What Are Some of the Most Common Causes of Motorbike Accidents?
Data from the NHTSA shows that motorcycle riders are 28 times more likely to die from accidents. Many accidents are caused by the careless people of those sharing the road with motorcycles.
- Cars Turning Left – Vehicles create risky situations for many riders whenever they turn left, accounting for roughly 20% of motorcycle accidents nationally.
- Other Bikes – It is rare for two bikes to be involved in a head-on collision, but it does happen, and these collisions have significantly high fatality rates and cause severe injuries.
- Lane Splitting – Some riders will lane-split when on the road with fellow riders. However, lane-splitting is illegal and very dangerous.
- Drunk Driving – Riding when drunk or under the influence of a substance has a high chance of an accident. Similarly, drunk or intoxicated drivers are more likely to hit a motorcycle.
- Distracted Driving – Studies show that nearly 20% of motorcycle accidents across the country are associated with distracted driving.
- Pedestrians – We’ve handled cases when motorbike accidents happened because a pedestrian unexpectedly crosses the road without checking for oncoming traffic.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics in Georgia
Data shows that Georgia is experiencing a substantial drop in motorcycle accidents. Still, there is more room for improvement. The data shows:
- Riders aged 35 and 44 are the highest number of motorcycle accident victims.
- Many of these victims carry valid rider’s licenses.
- Left-turn collisions are the leading cause of motorbike accidents, and head-on collisions come close.
- Most motorbike accidents happen between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m, with the rate being higher over the weekends.
What Are the Motorcycle-Specific Laws in Georgia?
Not every rider on a motorbike has a license or is familiar with the laws in Georgia State regarding motorcycle safety on the roads. At SHE Law, we highly recommend you learn or brush up on the motorcycle laws in Georgia and adhere to the rules to keep yourself safe.
Here are a few stipulations worth observing when riding your motorcycle in Belvedere Park, Georgia:
- All riders must be holders of a valid motorcyclist license.
- The motorbike must never exceed the permissible number of people it’s designed to carry.
- The bike should have handlebars situated no more than 15 inches from the seating position.
- Motorcyclists must wear protective gear when on the roads.
- Riders should not lane-split.
What Are the Most Common Injuries Seen in Motorcycle Accidents?
Since a motorcyclist has nothing to shield him in case of an accident, potential injuries sustained in a collision can be severe. Only a fortunate few will walk away with minor scrapes and bruises.
- Broken bones in the lower limbs, hip, back, and arms are common and may take a long time to heal.
- Road rash as the skin rubs against the rough asphalt. It is a painful injury that can leave significant scarring.
- Head and brain injuries when riders are jolted off the moving bike and hit a hard surface. Hence, riders are required to wear helmets to limit the chance of sustaining such injuries.
- Spinal cord and back injuries are common because a ride can be thrown off the bike and hit the hard asphalt with tremendous force. The injuries can result in complete or partial paralysis.
How Is Fault Determined in a Belvedere Park Motorcycle Accident?
Fault for a motorcycle accident is determined based on the rules of the road and what each party’s role was in the accident. The party that was careless or reckless and caused the accident (the at-fault party) will be financially responsible for the damage.
Georgia follows the modified comparative negligence rule if both parties share some of the responsibility for the accident. This means the victim can recover compensation as long as he or she is less than 50% at fault. If you are judged 30% at fault, you will only receive 70% of the compensation.
Our Belvedere Park motorcycle accident lawyer at SHE Law understands how to position a case to make sure you have the best chance of winning maximum compensation.
What Type of Compensation Can I Receive for My Motorcycle Accident?
At SHE Law, every client that comes to us for help when fighting for their rights and interests is assured that they will have a lawyer committed to providing the best legal counsel and representation.
We fight aggressively to ensure that clients get what they are rightly owed. We conduct comprehensive investigations and gather the evidence that we need to build a solid case when pursuing compensation for the following:
- Economic – Economic damages cover things like medical diagnosis, lost wages, treatment, and recovery therapy costs. It also will include funeral/burial costs if you lost a loved one in a motorbike accident.
- Non-Economic – Non-economic damage covers losses that don’t have a set monetary value but significantly impact your life. They include pain and suffering, disability, and physical disfigurement.
- Punitive – Punitive damages are also an option on the table if our investigations show the accused acted extremely recklessly.
Why Was My Motorcycle Accident Claim Denied?
A motorcycle accident claim can be denied because:
- The rider had an expired insurance policy, thus, the insurer cannot be held responsible for any injuries incurred if an accident happens.
- The policy did not provide adequate coverage, or the motorcyclist did not pick the right policy.
- The insurance company believes the rider wasn’t hurt.
- The rider shoulders more than 50% liability for the accident.
- The motorcyclist cannot prove the injuries were sustained in the accident.
You will want to take the time to reach out to SHE Law to begin working on the legal claim. If you don’t take the time to figure out what has to be done next, you may be forced to settle for less than you deserve or be unable to recover any compensation. We can help you if your insurance claim was unfairly denied.
Are There Time Limits to Filing a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Georgia?
Yes, motorcycle accidents are classified as automotive accidents, and filing a compensation claim has a time limit. Victims have two years from when the accident happened to file their claim.
Still, some elements can cause the statute of limitations to change, such as when suing a government (federal or state) institution. Your attorney will help you understand what you are expected to do to ensure you beat the deadline.
Hire a Dedicated and Aggressive Belvedere Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyer!
NHTSA data shows that motorcycle riders are 28 times more likely to die from accidents. In many cases, motorcycle accidents are caused by careless or reckless drivers. Get in touch with SHE Law if you are a victim of a motorcycle accident that was not your fault.
We know how serious motorcycle accidents can be and their impact on the victims and their families. Therefore, we are committed to fighting aggressively for the compensation you deserve.
Call us today at 470-378-1162 or fill out our contact form to set up a free consultation with a seasoned Belvedere Park motorcycle accident lawyer and learn more about our services.