Driving under the influence (DUI) is a serious offense in Georgia. Notably, the state of Georgia is notorious for its strict DUI laws. In Georgia, the is a mandatory 24-hour jail time for all drivers who at the time of arrest, have a blood-alcohol concentration that exceeds the state’s limit.
Driving Under the Influence
Pursuant O.C.G.A. 40-6-391, Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other intoxicating
substances is prohibited.
A person shall not drive or be in actual physical control of any moving vehicle while:
- Under the influence of alcohol to the extent that it is less safe for the person to drive;
- Under the influence of any drug to the extent that it is less safe for the person to drive;
- Under the intentional influence of any glue, aerosol, or other toxic vapor to the extent that it
is less safe for the person to drive;
- Under the combined influence of any two or more of the substances specified in paragraphs (1) through (3) of this subsection to the extent that it is less safe for the person to drive;
- The persons alcohol concentration is 0.08 grams or more at any time within three hours after such driving or being in actual physical control from alcohol consumed before such driving or being in actual physical control ended; or
- Subject to the provisions of subsection (b) of this Code section, there is any amount of marijuana or a controlled substance, as defined in Code Section 16-13-21, present in the persons blood or urine, or both, including the metabolites and derivatives of each or both without regard to whether or not any alcohol is present in the person’s breath or blood.
Client Case Study
Chelsea and her friends decided to bar hop during their night out on the town. As the group of friends proceeded to their vehicles, Chelsea decided she could save money on Uber by driving home instead of riding with friends. As she drove home, her glasses fell off her face and she swerved into the left lane. Chelsea was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor DUI, operating her vehicle without lights, and reckless driving.
Chelsea hired Attorney Ross to assist with her DUI conviction. Fortunately, being experienced with DUI cases, Attorney Ross was able to have all of the charges dismissed. The success of each case is dependent on the individual circumstances surrounding the case. To achieve similar success and assistance with your DUI charges, contact the offices of SHEquel P. Ross and visit our social media pages for more information and assistance.
For more information about The Law Offices Of Shequel Ross, LLC visit www.SHElawfirm.com. Or to schedule a consultation with The Law Offices Of Shequel Ross, LLC to obtain representation. You can reach us at 855-5-SHElaw.
For more information or to obtain representation visit www.SHElawfirm.com.
You can also follow The Law Offices Of Shequel Ross, LLC on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SHElawfirm/.
Don’t forget to follow The Law Offices Of Shequel Ross, LLC on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/shelawoffice/ or @SHElawoffice.
To schedule a consultation today, call The SHWlaw Firm at 855-5-SHElaw.